- This event has passed.
Grad Student Network: Career Roundtable with Center Alumni
March 1 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pmFree
March 1, 2022, 4:30pm, Hyde Hall Incubator Room. Hybrid Event.
The Center’s grad student network event for 2022-23 will feature a panel of our alumni, and our recently hired faculty member, in a variety of academic and academic-adjacent positions to discuss career opportunities and job hunting skills with current grad students and alumni of the Center. Additional alumni in other career fields may join us online. Organized by Jocelyn Burney, this year’s Uhlman Fellow, this hybrid event is open to current grad students working in Jewish studies or the humanities and alumni of the Center*, as well as current grad students working in Jewish Studies at Duke. Dinner will be provided for those attending in-person. Additional details will be posted in late February.
- Naomi Graber (MUSC), associate professor, University of Georgia
- Josh Parshall (AMST), director of the history dept., Goldring/Woldenberg Institute of Southern Jewish Life
- Tine Rassalle (RELI), curator, Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience
- Jillian Hinderliter (WGST), assistant professor and the Moses M. and Hannah L. Malkin Fellow in Jewish History and Culture
RSVP required: please submit the form below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you will join us in-person or on Zoom. Please provide name, UNC dept (or other affiliation), and if you will join us in-person, please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions. (Catering by Picnic Basket will offer primarily vegetarian menu.) Registration confirmation and the Zoom link will be sent to you soon.
RSVP - Grad Student Network Meeting
Registration for March 1, 4:30pm event. If you have difficulties with this form, you can instead email the information to us at email@example.com
* Carolina graduate student alumni with graduate work/research focused on a subfield of Jewish studies.