Program Foundation Support:
Naming the Directorship: $3 million endowment
Unrestricted Endowment: $500,000 minimum total
Unrestricted Expendable: $800,000 minimum total
Experiential Learning [study abroad, research and internships]: $1 million total endowment
Dissertation Completion Fellowship: $750,000 additional endowment
Graduate student support [fellowships, research support]: $500,000 total endowment
Professorships [Art, History, Yiddish/Germanic/Slavic]: $5 million for 2 new professorships
Visiting Professorship: $1.5 million endowment
Academic Workshops / Conferences: $600,000 total endowment
Research and Course Enhancement: $200,000 total endowment
Income from unrestricted endowments is used by the director of the Center to support a number of its activities, including:
- Faculty and student travel for research, attendance at scholarly conferences and collaborative activities with scholars at other institutions.
- Visiting scholars from Israel and European universities to offer courses and speak publicly.
- Undergraduate student theses, travel and educational experiences.
- Graduate support funds to recruit and retain advanced students who will be the great Jewish studies teachers and scholars of tomorrow.
- Library resources, including books, journals and computer hardware and software that will support the teaching and research missions of the Center.
- Lectures that bring to campus prominent scholars and other experts in Jewish studies and related fields.