That’s why on Oct. 6, Carolina launched its most ambitious fundraising campaign ever—For All Kind: The Campaign for Carolina—a bold effort aimed at fostering an innovation generation prepared to lead the world to a better future through research and scholarship, example and ethos. Our goal—$4.25 billion by Dec. 31, 2022—attempts to answer a simple but far-reaching question:What will it take to fulfill our potential so we can make the biggest difference in North Carolina, across the country and around the world? Learn more about the Campaign for Carolina.
Private gifts to the Carolina Center for Jewish Studies will shape the future of the Center – our programs for students, our faculty research, our outreach to the community – but also, the gifts count toward the Campaign for Carolina.
Below are Center’s funding priorities for the campaign.
I’m for the opportunities the liberal arts provide for understanding the cultural diversity in our complex world.
What are you for?
Campaign Funding Priorities
- Experiential Learning [study abroad, research and internships]: $600,000 total endowment
- Graduate student support [fellowships, research support]: $500,000 total endowment
- Professorships [Art, History, Yiddish/Germanic/Slavic]: $2 million
- Visiting Professorship: $1.5 million endowment
- Academic Workshops / Conferences: $300,000 total endowment
- Research and Course Enhancement: $200,000 total endowment
- Naming the Directorship: $3 million endowment
- Unrestricted Endowment: $500,000 minimum total
- Unrestricted Expendable: $750,000 minimum total
Income from unrestricted endowments is used by the director of the Center to support a number of its activities, including:
- Faculty and student travel for research, attendance at scholarly conferences and collaborative activities with scholars at other institutions.
- Visiting scholars from U.S., Israel and European universities to offer courses and speak publicly.
- Undergraduate student theses, travel and educational experiences.
- Graduate support funds to recruit and retain advanced students who will be the great Jewish studies teachers and scholars of tomorrow.
- Library resources, including books, journals and computer hardware and software that will support the teaching and research missions of the Center.
Make a Gift
To contribute to the Carolina Center for Jewish Studies, or for more information on giving opportunities, please contact the Arts & Sciences Foundation: 919-962-0108.
Or you can make a gift on our secure site. Simply use the link below and in the “please select a fund” field, select “Center for Jewish Studies 7361”. That will ensure that your gift is directed to us. Thank you very much for your support!