2016 – 2017 Student and Faculty Grant Opportunities
Thanks to generous private support, the Carolina Center for Jewish Studies is able to offer grants supporting undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty.
Click on the links at left for details on grants and application requirements and documents. The various grants have different application deadlines.
Application deadlines for 2016-2017:
- graduate student summer stipends, research and travel grants, and a dissertation completion grant have a February 20, 2017 deadline
- the Christopher Browning Holocaust Research grant for undergraduate and graduate students has a February 20, 2017 deadline
- the deadlines for undergraduate research grants and travel and study abroad grants are October 24, 2016 and February 20, 2017
- graduate student recruitment grants deadline is January 23, 2017, and
- faculty grants will have two rounds of review: October 24, 2016 and February 20, 2017.
Second Round of Grants:
NEW FOR 2016-2017: Food for All Course Development and Course Enhancement Grants:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s university-wide academic theme for 2015-2017 is “Food for All: Local and Global Perspectives.” With this theme, the University is challenging all areas of UNC to examine wide-ranging topics including food cultures and nutrition, food security, world hunger and more. The two years of “Food for All” includes projects, services and events on campus and in the Chapel Hill community. To support this University initiative, the Carolina Center for Jewish Studies is offering course enhancement and course development funds, which will support faculty who are interested in incorporating a Jewish food component into courses to be taught in the academic year of 2016-2017. Visit the faculty grants page for more information and the application form. The deadline for applications is October 24, 2016.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 962-1509.
Learn more about our students and their research endeavors.